Monday, July 26, 2010

Vinegar Water and Gargoyles

Hello everyone! This is Claire again! Just wrapping up the Paris part of our trip...so, there were a few highlights that I would like to mention.


First of all, I made a new best friend. He's one of the many amazing gargoyles on top of Notre Dame. I liked him the best, though, because he was fun to draw. I sketched a picture of him, which was pretty fun. Here's a photo. Some of the other gargoyles looked like lions, eagles, and even goats and elephants!


Secondly, I'm not sure if I took to French food. I mean, aside from the croissants, baguettes, cheeses, apple pastries, etc. It seems to be a specialty in Paris to drink vinegar--since that's what one waiter brought us in a restaurant when we asked for more water. :)



Lastly, I simply had to mention the spiral staircases. They are EVERYWHERE. And they were waiting to ambush us. To get to the second floor of our Bed and Breakfast, to get to the top of Notre Dame, and, of course, to get to the top of the Arc de Triumph. But wait, you say, there's an elevator! Yeah, there is, if you're lucky enough to get there when it's not broken down. Because in that case, you have to take the stairs. All the way.




But I must say, being at the top of the Arc de Triumph at night, with stars shining above and all of Paris spread out below, just in time to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle in its nighttime light display, made it all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds amazing! french food is the best :) when are you coming back to america?

    ReplyDelete